A SAFe® Scrum Master is primarily a servant leader who leads and coaches the team through example, educating the team on Agile practices and fostering an environment that drives relentless improvement. During this 2-day training, you will learn to empower teams to self-organize, self-manage, and deliver continuous value using effective Lean-Agile practices. Get the tactical skills to teach and coach high-performing teams, implement and support SAFe mechanisms, identify and remove obstacles, and facilitate smooth workflows.
As a SAFE Scrum Master (SSM), you'll plan and facilitate events like iteration planning, standups, and retrospectives to ensure that the team is productive and on track to achieve targets and goals. You will also support the Product Owner, and help the team to coordinate and collaborate with other teams on the Agile Release Train (ART).
At the end of this course, you will get access to the SAFe Scrum Master certification exam on the SAFe Community platform. CyberBahn is a SAFe® SPCT Gold and Tooling Partner (1 of 3 companies world-wide to have this credential).
Previous attendees of this course include (but are not limited to) these roles:
- New Scrum Masters who need to perform the role
- Existing Scrum Masters who would like to understand their role in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Team Leads who want to understand the Scrum Master role
- SAFe Release Train Engineers who want to coach Scrum Masters on their role
SAFe® Scrum Master Course Curriculum
This course and curriculum follow the latest release of SAFe 6.
- Introducing Scrum in SAFe
- Characterizing the Role of the Scrum Master
- Experience PI Planning
- Facilitating Iteration Execution
- Finishing the PI
- Practicing SAFe
For more details on the exam pattern and references, visit the Scaled Agile website.
Here’s what you will get:
- Course workbook and SAFe Studio access to help prepare you to take the certification exam, claim your digital badge, and tools to get started in your SAFe role
- Remote learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms
- One-year membership to SAFe® Studio with your first class attendance
- Team Event Facilitator Guides
- Online collaboration templates for all SAFe team events
- Toolkits to help prepare and execute PI Planning
- Access to content, tools, and resources you need to practice SAFe every day
- Access to the SAFe Scrum Master Certification Exam on completion of the course.
On completion of the course, you can report and claim your Professional Development Units (PDUs) on the PMI website. Get details at this link.
With SAFe proven to be the most popular framework for scaling Agile, the demand for SAFe Scrum Masters is on the rise. This course and certification demonstrate your capability of coaching and leading high-performing teams as a Scrum Master and servant leader. You'll equip yourself with the skills to facilitate Scrum events, plan and execute a PI and drive continuous improvement across iterations.
- Undertake CyberBahn's 2-day SAFe® Scrum Master course led by SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs).
- Learn and practice using the articles, videos and resources on the Scaled Agile website.
- When you are adequately prepared to take the exam, log into the SAFe Community Platform to access the exam.
- You will be required to review and accept the Candidate Agreement before starting the exam.
- Attempt the 90 minute SAFe 6 Scrum Master Exam online which comprises 45 Multiple choice/ Multiple response questions. Note that Multiple response questions require all correct answers to be selected; as partial credit will not be given.
- You must score a minimum of 73% (33 out of 45) to pass the SAFe Scrum Master certification exam.
- Your profile on Scaled Agile, Inc will be updated with the certification, after passing the exam.
- You will receive 1-year membership with Scaled Agile along with the certification.
- You have to renew the membership (and consequently the certification) every year.
Starting April 3rd, 2023, Scaled Agile has transitioned to a new membership model for the SAFe Community Platform. You can renew your membership at one of three tiers:
- SAFe® Expert Membership ($995/year) - For members who currently hold SPC or SPCT certifications. Renews all certifications, provides access to all SAFe content, and enables SPCs/SPCTs to train others to lead a Lean-Agile transformation.
- SAFe® Advanced Membership ($295/year) - For members who currently hold one or more Advanced certifications. This provides access to basic and some advanced content and continued access to course learnings and assets and renews the following certifications. This also includes every certification in the SAFe® Foundational Membership.
- Agile Product Management (APM)
- Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Release Train Engineer (RTE)
- SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM)
- SAFe® for Architects (ARCH)
- Agile Software Engineer (ASE)
- SAFe® Foundational Membership ($195/year) - For members who currently hold one or more Foundational certifications. This provides access to basic content and continued access to course learnings and assets and renews the following certifications.
- SAFe® Agilist (SA)
- SAFe® Practitioner (SP)
- SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM)
- SAFe® Government Practitioner (SGP)
- SAFe® DevOps Practitioner (SDP)
- Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM)
The registration fee includes the course materials, remote learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms, access to SAFe® Studio - a visual online workspace, a one-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform and the SAFe Scrum Master certification exam.You’ll also get access to valuable content, tools, and resources you need to practice SAFe every day.
On completion of the course, you can report and claim your Professional Development Units (PDUs) on the PMI website, as per this link.
The Project Management Institute(PMI)® issues Professional Development Units (PDUs) to the candidate after the completion of any certification course. They are given to recognize the participation of the professional and to authenticate the knowledge of the principles and practices taught. To hold your certification from PMI, you should earn a particular number of PDUs every three years.
PDUs recognize your dedication to the global Project Management community. They are required for recertification and to maintain your PMI credential in good standing. You can learn more about PDUs here
You can get more course details at this link or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also chat with our counsellors on the Live Chat on this website, and get your queries answered in real time.
After completing the SAFe Scrum Master course, you can go on to undertake other SAFe courses based on your role, goals and experience. Visit this link to choose the course and certification that best matches your current needs.