If you're looking to advance your Scrum Master career, the SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master course and certification prepares you to take on a leadership role in an Agile enterprise. You'll learn to facilitate and empower Agile team, program, and enterprise success, and set up and nurture an environment that supports continuous improvement. Adopt best practices in Agile engineering, Kanban, DevOps, and Agile architecture to orchestrate and optimize flow of value. Equip yourself to smoothen collaborations between the team and architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders across the program and enterprise.
During this 2-day training, you will build on the strong foundation you already have as a SAFe Scrum Master, and will get a toolkit for building high-performing teams. Take away valuable techniques to address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise, avoid common missteps, and advance your leadership skills to the next level.
At the end of this course, you will get access to the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification exam on the SAFe Community platform. CyberBahn is a SAFe® SPCT Gold and Tooling Partner (1 of 3 companies world-wide to have this credential).
Previous attendees of this course include (but are not limited to) these roles:
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others assuming the role of an Agile Team facilitator in a SAFe or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers responsible for Agile execution and coaching teams, including teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile Program Managers
- Prospective SAFe Release Train Engineers
SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master Course Curriculum
This course and curriculum follow the latest release of SAFe 5.
- Exploring the Scrum Master role in the SAFe enterprise
- Applying SAFe Principles: A Scrum Master's perspective
- Exploring Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Facilitating program execution
- Improving flow with Kanban and XP
- Building high-performing teams
- Improving program performance with Inspect and Adapt
For more details on the exam pattern and references, visit the Scaled Agile website.
Here’s what you will get:
- Course materials
- Remote learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms
- Access to SAFe® Collaborate, a visual online workspace
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Access to the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master Certification Exam on completion of the course.
You must attend all days of the course for eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) exam.
Attendees who pass the exam will receive the SAFe Certification kit, which includes:
- SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certificate
- A SAFe 5 Advanced Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Advanced Scrum Master, which includes access to the SASM Community of Practice
- A SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification usage guide with SASM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
On completion of the course, you could apply for Professional Development Units (PDUs) as below:
The SAFe Advanced Scrum Master course and certification will help you to stand out among your peers, and validate your Scrum Master expertise and advanced capabilities of scaling Agile at the enterprise level. You will prove to prospective employers that you have what it takes to coach and lead high-performing teams in a multi-team environment, and set and implement the highest standards of excellence in team productivity.
- Undertake CyberBahn's 2-day SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master course led by SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs).
- Learn and practice using the articles, videos and resources on the Scaled Agile website.
- When you are adequately prepared to take the exam, log into the SAFe Community Platform to access the exam.
- You will be required to review and accept the Candidate Agreement before starting the exam.
- Attempt the 120 minute SAFe 5 Advanced Scrum Master Exam online which comprises 60 Multiple choice/ Multiple response questions. Note that Multiple response questions require all correct answers to be selected; as partial credit will not be given.
- You must score a minimum of 73% (44 out of 60) to pass the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification exam.
- Your profile on Scaled Agile, Inc will be updated with the certification, after passing the exam.
- You will receive 1-year membership with Scaled Agile along with the certification.
- You have to renew the membership (and consequently the certification) every year.
Starting April 3rd, 2023, Scaled Agile has transitioned to a new membership model for the SAFe Community Platform. You can renew your membership at one of three tiers:
- SAFe® Expert Membership ($995/year) - For members who currently hold SPC or SPCT certifications. Renews all certifications, provides access to all SAFe content, and enables SPCs/SPCTs to train others to lead a Lean-Agile transformation.
- SAFe® Advanced Membership ($295/year) - For members who currently hold one or more Advanced certifications. This provides access to basic and some advanced content and continued access to course learnings and assets and renews the following certifications. This also includes every certification in the SAFe® Foundational Membership.
- Agile Product Management (APM)
- Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Release Train Engineer (RTE)
- SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM)
- SAFe® for Architects (ARCH)
- Agile Software Engineer (ASE)
- SAFe® Foundational Membership ($195/year) - For members who currently hold one or more Foundational certifications. This provides access to basic content and continued access to course learnings and assets and renews the following certifications.
- SAFe® Agilist (SA)
- SAFe® Practitioner (SP)
- SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM)
- SAFe® Government Practitioner (SGP)
- SAFe® DevOps Practitioner (SDP)
- Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM)
The registration fee includes the course materials, remote learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms, access to SAFe® Collaborate - a visual online workspace, a one-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform and the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification exam. You'll also get access to valuable content, tools, and resources you need to practice SAFe every day.
You can earn up to 15 PDUs by attending the 2-day SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) training program.
The Project Management Institute (PMI) ® issues Professional Development Units (PDUs) to the candidate after the completion of any certification course. They are given to recognize the participation of the professional and to authenticate the knowledge of the principles and practices taught. To hold your certification from PMI, you should earn a particular number of PDUs every three years.
PDUs recognize your dedication to the global Project Management community. They are required for recertification and to maintain your PMI credential in good standing. You can learn more about PDUs here.
You can get more course details at this link or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also chat with our counsellors on the Live Chat on this website, and get your queries answered in real time.
After completing the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master course, you can go on to undertake other SAFe courses based on your role, goals and experience. Visit this link to choose the course and certification that best matches your current needs.