A Lean and Systems Thinking approach aligns strategy and execution, and helps in dynamic, adaptive planning that keeps up with the evolving dynamics of volatile markets. Even while being flexible enough to adopt changes, a successful Lean Portfolio Manager will be able to smoothly manage flow and solve overload problems—all while managing budgets, maintaining the portfolio vision, and keeping the roadmap in focus.
This 2-day training and certification will equip you with the skills to work across silos, equip teams with the right tools, and prioritize and organize around value to match customer needs and expectations. You'll learn how to establish Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails, and use the right metrics to gauge portfolio performances.
At the end of this course, you will get access to the SAFe Lean Portfolio Management certification exam on the SAFe Community platform. CyberBahn is a SAFe® SPCT Gold and Tooling Partner (1 of 3 companies world-wide to have this credential).
Previous attendees of this course include (but are not limited to) these roles:
- Executives and Leaders (CIOs, CEOs, CFOs, CTOs and VPs)
- Enterprise Architects
- Product Managers and Solution Managers
- Business Unit Managers
- Program Office Personnel
- SPCs and Enterprise Agile Coaches
- Human Resources
- Epic Owners
SAFe® Lean Portfolio Management Course Curriculum
This course and curriculum follow the latest release of SAFe 6.
- Introducing Lean Portfolio Management
- Establishing Portfolio Strategy and Vision
- Realizing Portfolio Vision through Epics
- Establishing Investment Funding
- Managing Portfolio Flow
- Applying Agile Portfolio Operations
- Applying Lean Governance
- Practicing SAFe
- Getting Started with Lean Portfolio Management
For more details on the exam pattern and references, visit the Scaled Agile website.
Here’s what you will get:
- Course workbook and SAFe Studio access to help you prepare to take the certification exam, claim your digital badge, and tools to get started in your SAFe role
- Remote learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms
- One-year membership to SAFe Studio with your first class attendance
- Complete LPM Practice Guide to help plan and execute a successful LPM adoption
- Platform access to e-learning modules and curated members-only content to support your SAFe transformation
- Member discussion forms to engage in ongoing conversations on the SAFe framework or how to perform better as part of an Agile Team
- Access to the SAFe Lean Portfolio Manager certification exam on completion of the course
- Access to the optional Getting Started with LPM Workshop
On completion of the course, you can report and claim your Professional Development Units (PDUs) on the PMI website. Get details at this link.
The Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) has, time and again, been proven to be the most popular framework for scaling Agile across enterprises. Organizations find that it works well because it is customizable and sustainable, and provides an easy blueprint for transformation. With more global corporates jumping on the SAFe bandwagon, professionals who have SAFe certifications are much in demand for their capabilities of building business agility and boosting productivity and quality.
The SAFe Lean Portfolio Management (LPM) course and certification helps you to align strategy with execution through a Lean approach. You will learn best practices to collaborate across teams, prioritize and organize around value and quickly adapt to changing customer needs. This credential will increase your employability, and make you a highly respected member of a SAFe team.
- Undertake CyberBahn's 2-day SAFe® Lean Portfolio Management course led by SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs).
- Learn and practice using the articles, videos and resources on the Scaled Agile website.
- When you are adequately prepared to take the exam, log into the SAFe Community Platform to access the exam.
- You will be required to review and accept the Candidate Agreement before starting the exam.
- Attempt the 90 minute SAFe 6 LPM Exam online which comprises 45 Multiple choice/ Multiple response questions. Note that Multiple response questions require all correct answers to be selected; as partial credit will not be given.
- You must score a minimum of 71% (32 out of 45) to pass the SAFe Lean Portfolio Management (LPM) certification exam.
- Your profile on Scaled Agile, Inc will be updated with the certification, after passing the exam.
- You will receive a 1-year membership with Scaled Agile along with the certification.
- You have to renew the membership (and consequently the certification) every year.
Starting April 3rd, 2023, Scaled Agile has transitioned to a new membership model for the SAFe Community Platform. You can renew your membership at one of three tiers:
- SAFe® Expert Membership ($995/year) - For members who currently hold SPC or SPCT certifications. Renews all certifications, provides access to all SAFe content, and enables SPCs/SPCTs to train others to lead a Lean-Agile transformation.
- SAFe® Advanced Membership ($295/year) - For members who currently hold one or more Advanced certifications. This provides access to basic and some advanced content and continued access to course learnings and assets and renews the following certifications. This also includes every certification in the SAFe® Foundational Membership.
- Agile Product Management (APM)
- Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Release Train Engineer (RTE)
- SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM)
- SAFe® for Architects (ARCH)
- Agile Software Engineer (ASE)
- SAFe® Foundational Membership ($195/year) - For members who currently hold one or more Foundational certifications. This provides access to basic content and continued access to course learnings and assets and renews the following certifications.
- SAFe® Agilist (SA)
- SAFe® Practitioner (SP)
- SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM)
- SAFe® Government Practitioner (SGP)
- SAFe® DevOps Practitioner (SDP)
- Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM)
The registration fee includes the course materials, remote learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms, access to SAFe® Studio - a visual online workspace, a one-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform and the SAFe Lean Portfolio Management certification exam. You’ll also get access to the optional Getting Started with LPM Workshop.
On completion of the course, you can report and claim your Professional Development Units (PDUs) on the PMI website, as per this link.
The Project Management Institute (PMI) ® issues Professional Development Units (PDUs) to the candidate after the completion of any certification course. They are given to recognize the participation of the professional and to authenticate the knowledge of the principles and practices taught. To hold your certification from PMI, you should earn a particular number of PDUs every three years.
PDUs recognize your dedication to the global Project Management community. They are required for recertification and to maintain your PMI credential in good standing. You can learn more about PDUs here.
You can get more course details at this link or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also chat with our counsellors on the Live Chat on this website, and get your queries answered in real time.
After completing the SAFe Lean Portfolio Management (LPM) course, you can go on to undertake other SAFe courses based on your role, goals and experience. Visit this link to choose the course and certification that best matches your current needs.