As technologies evolve, new capabilities and approaches are helping organizations to rapidly deliver software-centric solutions with greater consistency and higher quality. With the introduction of Lean-Agile and DevOps practices continuing to drive organizational change, the Agile Software Engineering discipline has taken centerstage and engineers who are able to apply and build a test-first, technology-based infrastructure are in demand.
On completing the 3-day SAFe Agile Software Engineering training and certification, you will get the skills needed to consistently and quickly deliver software-centric solutions of high quality. You will build the competency to apply XP, Test-driven Development, Agile modeling and Behavior-Driven Development to enable technical agility, and ensure that quality is built into every stage of the SAFe Continuous Delivery Pipeline.
At the end of this course, you will get access to the SAFe Agile Software Engineering certification exam on the SAFe Community platform. CyberBahn is a SAFe® SPCT Gold and Tooling Partner (1 of 3 companies world-wide to have this credential).
Previous attendees of this course include (but are not limited to) these roles:
- Technical members of an Agile Team, including Developers and Testers
- Product Owners, Scrum Master, Managers, and others with a less technical background who wish to understand the Agile Software Engineering discipline
SAFe® Agile Software Engineering Course Curriculum
This course and curriculum follow the latest release of SAFe 5
- Introduction to Agile Software Engineering
- Connecting Principles and Practices to Built-In Quality
- Accelerating Flow
- Applying Intentional Architecture
- Thinking Test-First
- Discovering Story Details
- Creating a Shared Understanding with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Communicating with Models
- Building Systems with Code Quality
- Building Systems with Design Quality
- Implementing with Quality
For more details on the exam pattern and references, visit the Scaled Agile website.
Here’s what you will get:
- Course materials
- Remote learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms
- Access to SAFe® Collaborate, a visual online workspace
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Access to content, tools, and resources you need to practice SAFe every day
- Access to the SAFe Agile Software Engineering Certification Exam on completion of the course
You must attend all days of the course for eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Agile Software Engineering exam.
Attendees who pass the exam will receive the SAFe Certification kit, which includes:
- SAFe ASE certificate
- A SAFe 5 ASE digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe ASE, which includes access to the Community of Practice
- A SAFe ASE certification usage guide with SP certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey.
On completion of the course, you could apply for Professional Development Units (PDUs) as below:
As more and more global organizations across industries and sectors are finding value in adopting Lean-Agile practices, SAFe continues to be the most popular framework for scaling Agile. The SAFe Agile Software Engineering course and certification empowers you to get the knowledge and skills you need to enable technical agility across a SAFe Enterprise.
You will understand how to use Lean-Agile and DevOps, TDD and BDD, Agile software modeling, XP and more to enable continuous flow of value through the Delivery Pipeline. You will master the principles and practices to build systems with both code quality and design quality.
Undertake CyberBahn’s 3-day SAFe® ASE course led by SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs).
Learn and practice using the articles, videos and resources on the Scaled Agile website.
When you are adequately prepared to take the exam, log into the SAFe Community Platform to access the exam.
You will be required to review and accept the Candidate Agreement before starting the exam.
Attempt the 120 minute SAFe 5 ASE Exam online which comprises of 60 Multiple choice/ Multiple response questions. Note that Multiple response questions require all correct answers to be selected; as partial credit will not be given.
You must score a minimum of 70% (42 out of 60) to pass the SAFe Agile Software Engineering (ASE) certification exam.
Your profile on Scaled Agile, Inc will be updated with the certification, after passing the exam.
You will receive 1-year membership with Scaled Agile along with the certification.
You have to renew the membership (and consequently the certification) every year.
Starting April 3rd, 2023, Scaled Agile has transitioned to a new membership model for the SAFe Community Platform. You can renew your membership at one of three tiers:
- SAFe® Expert Membership ($995/year) - For members who currently hold SPC or SPCT certifications. Renews all certifications, provides access to all SAFe content, and enables SPCs/SPCTs to train others to lead a Lean-Agile transformation.
- SAFe® Advanced Membership ($295/year) - For members who currently hold one or more Advanced certifications. This provides access to basic and some advanced content and continued access to course learnings and assets and renews the following certifications. This also includes every certification in the SAFe® Foundational Membership.
- Agile Product Management (APM)
- Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Release Train Engineer (RTE)
- SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM)
- SAFe® for Architects (ARCH)
- Agile Software Engineer (ASE)
- SAFe® Foundational Membership ($195/year) - For members who currently hold one or more Foundational certifications. This provides access to basic content and continued access to course learnings and assets and renews the following certifications.
- SAFe® Agilist (SA)
- SAFe® Practitioner (SP)
- SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM)
- SAFe® Government Practitioner (SGP)
- SAFe® DevOps Practitioner (SDP)
- Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM)
The registration fee includes the course materials, remote learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms, access to SAFe® Collaborate - a visual online workspace, a one-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform and the SAFe ASE certification exam. You'll also get access to content, tools, and resources you need to practice SAFe every day.
You can earn up to 12 PDUs by attending the 2-day SAFe Agile Software Engineering (ASE) training program.
The Project Management Institute (PMI) ® issues Professional Development Units (PDUs) to the candidate after the completion of any certification course. They are given to recognize the participation of the professional and to authenticate the knowledge of the principles and practices taught. To hold your certification from PMI, you should earn a particular number of PDUs every three years.
PDUs recognize your dedication to the global Project Management community. They are required for recertification and to maintain your PMI credential in good standing. You can learn more about PDUs here.
You can get more course details at this link or write to us at email@example.com. You can also chat with our counsellors on the Live Chat on this website, and get your queries answered in real time.
After completing the SAFe Agile Software Engineering (ASE) course, you can go on to undertake other SAFe courses based on your role, goals and experience. Visit this link to choose the course and certification that best matches your current needs.