Agile Architecture encompasses the values and practices that support the dynamic evolution and architecture of systems. As a SAFe Architect you will play a critical role on the Agile Release Train, collaborating with the developers to provide technical vision, guidance, and alignment. You will plan the architectural runway to work with teams across the organization as a leader and change agent.
This 3-day SAFe for Architects training and certification will empower you to be an efficient Enterprise, Solution or System Architect, building the skills to enable continuous flow of value at scale. You will be able to balance emergent design with intentionality and adopt a systems view, having the ability to see the whole picture across the full value stream. You will understand how to deploy fast learning cycles to explore all possible alternatives before you arrive at the solution that is most optimal, and communicate it to Product Managers and RTEs.
At the end of this course, you will get access to the SAFe for Architects certification exam on the SAFe Community platform. CyberBahn is a SAFe® SPCT Gold and Tooling Partner (1 of 3 companies world-wide to have this credential).
Previous attendees of this course include (but are not limited to) these roles:
- System, Solution, and Enterprise Architects
- Architects in supporting technical disciplines
- Experienced Software Developers
- Technical Managers making architectural decisions
- Product leaders collaborating with architects
SAFe® for Architects Course Curriculum
This course and curriculum follow the latest release of SAFe 6.
- Exemplifying Agile Architecture
- Architecting for DevOps and Release on Demand
- Aligning Architecture with Business Value
- Developing Solution Vision, Solution Intent, and Roadmaps
- Preparing Architecture for PI Planning
- Coordinating Architecture throughout PI Planning
- Supporting Continuous Delivery during PI Execution
- Supporting New Strategic Themes and Value Streams
- Leading as an Architect during a Lean-Agile Transformation
- Practicing SAFe
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Number of questions: 45
- Passing score: 32/45 (71%)
- Competency level: Foundational; Competent
- Question format: Multiple choice (one answer) or multiple select (2-3 answers)
- Delivery: Web-based, closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Access: Community Platform upon completion of the course
- Exam Language: English
- Cost: First attempt included in the course registration fee if taken within 30 days of course completion.
- Exam retakes: Each retake or attempt past the 30-day window is $50
For more details on the exam pattern and references, visit the Scaled Agile website.
Here’s what you will get:
- Course workbook and SAFe Studio access to help prepare you to take the certification exam, claim your digital badge, and tools to get started in your SAFe role
- Remote learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms
- One-year membership to SAFe Studio with your first class attendance
- Platform access to e-learning modules and curated members-only content to support your SAFe transformation
- Member discussion forms to engage in ongoing conversations on the SAFe framework or how to better perform as part of an Agile Team
- Curated content-playlists based on your interests and roles, including templated resources and facilitation guides to get you started
- Access to content, tools, and resources you need to practice SAFe every day
- Access to the SAFe® for Architects certification exam on completion of the course
On completion of the course, you can report and claim your Professional Development Units (PDUs) on the PMI website. Get details at this link.
The exponential increase in SAFe adoption by organizations across the world has made SAFe certified professionals among the most sought-after in the Agile space. The SAFe Architect course and certification empowers you to achieve a leadership position in Agile organizations and drive your professional growth upwards.
You'll master proven practices to develop and communicate the architectural vision, working together with Product Managers and RTEs to architect continuous delivery of value. By aligning architecture with business value, you'll create and implement an Agile architectural roadmap and drive continuous flow to large systems-of-systems.
- Undertake CyberBahn's 2-day SAFe® for Architects course led by SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs).
- Learn and practice using the articles, videos and resources on the Scaled Agile website.
- When you are adequately prepared to take the exam, log into the SAFe Community Platform to access the exam.
- You will be required to review and accept the Candidate Agreement before starting the exam.
- Attempt the 90 minute SAFe 6 for Architects Exam online which comprises 45 Multiple choice/ Multiple response questions. Note that Multiple response questions require all correct answers to be selected; as partial credit will not be given.
- You must score a minimum of 71% (32 out of 45) to pass the SAFe for Architects (ARCH) certification exam.
- Your profile on Scaled Agile, Inc will be updated with the certification, after passing the exam.
- You will receive 1-year membership with Scaled Agile along with the certification.
- You have to renew the membership (and consequently the certification) every year.
Starting April 3rd, 2023, Scaled Agile has transitioned to a new membership model for the SAFe Community Platform. You can renew your membership at one of three tiers:
- SAFe® Expert Membership ($995/year) - For members who currently hold SPC or SPCT certifications. Renews all certifications, provides access to all SAFe content, and enables SPCs/SPCTs to train others to lead a Lean-Agile transformation.
- SAFe® Advanced Membership ($295/year) - For members who currently hold one or more Advanced certifications. This provides access to basic and some advanced content and continued access to course learnings and assets and renews the following certifications. This also includes every certification in the SAFe® Foundational Membership.
- Agile Product Management (APM)
- Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Release Train Engineer (RTE)
- SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM)
- SAFe® for Architects (ARCH)
- Agile Software Engineer (ASE)
- SAFe® Foundational Membership ($195/year) - For members who currently hold one or more Foundational certifications. This provides access to basic content and continued access to course learnings and assets and renews the following certifications.
- SAFe® Agilist (SA)
- SAFe® Practitioner (SP)
- SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM)
- SAFe® Government Practitioner (SGP)
- SAFe® DevOps Practitioner (SDP)
- Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM)
The registration fee includes the course materials, remote learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms, access to SAFe® Collaborate - a visual online workspace, a one-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform and the SAFe ARCH certification exam. You'll also get access to content, tools, and resources you need to practice SAFe every day.
On completion of the course, you can report and claim your Professional Development Units (PDUs) on the PMI website, as per this link.
The Project Management Institute (PMI) ® issues Professional Development Units (PDUs) to the candidate after the completion of any certification course. They are given to recognize the participation of the professional and to authenticate the knowledge of the principles and practices taught. To hold your certification from PMI, you should earn a particular number of PDUs every three years.
PDUs recognize your dedication to the global Project Management community. They are required for recertification and to maintain your PMI credential in good standing. You can learn more about PDUs here.
You can get more course details at this link or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also chat with our counsellors on the Live Chat on this website, and get your queries answered in real time.
After completing the SAFe for Architects (ARCH) course, you can go on to undertake other SAFe courses based on your role, goals and experience. Visit this link to choose the course and certification that best matches your current needs.