To successfully implement SAFe®, organizations must embrace the Lean-Agile culture, identify Value Streams and build processes that enhance quality and optimize resources. They must script the critical moves required to adopt SAFe principles and practices in a systematic fashion, and establish mechanisms to prioritize and deliver around value.
As a SAFe Practice Consultant (SPC), you'll be the visionary who drives this change. Learn to follow the SAFe Implementation Roadmap to bring an organization to the tipping point, identify Value Streams and prepare, launch, and coach Agile Release Trains (ARTs). Streamline and set up best practices for Business Agility by building a continuous learning culture, and create opportunities for continuous improvement by applying the SAFe assessments.
Certifying as a SAFe® 6 Practice Consultant (SPC) will also enable you to train and certify others in a range of SAFe® courses, accelerating the adoption of SAFe across various levels of the enterprise.
At the end of this course, you will get access to the Implementing SAFe certification exam on the SAFe Community platform. CyberBahn is a SAFe® SPCT Gold and Tooling Partner (1 of 3 companies world-wide to have this credential).
This is an advanced course and is designed for anyone who will be materially and directly involved in a SAFe implementation. This includes practitioners, change agents, and consultants responsible for implementing Agile programs and portfolios as part of an enterprise Lean-Agile change initiative.
Previous attendees of this course include (but are not limited to) these roles:
- Professional Services Consultants
- Internal Change Agents, Lean-Agile Center for Excellence (LACE) participants, Agile Working Groups
- Business and Technology Executives, Leaders, Managers, and Directors
- Portfolio Managers and Fiduciaries, Project/Program Management Office (PMO) personnel
- Development, QA, and IT Managers
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Managers
- Process Leads and Lifecycle Governance personnel
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
Implementing SAFe® Course Curriculum
This course and curriculum follow the latest release of SAFe 6.0.
- Thriving in the Digital Age with Business Agility
- Building a Foundation with Mindset, Values, and Principles
- Establishing Team and Technical Agility
- Building Solutions with Agile Product Delivery
- Exploring Lean Portfolio Management
- Leading the Change
- Practicing SAFe
- Reaching the SAFe Tipping Point
- Designing the Implementation
- Launching an ART
- Coaching ART Execution
- Enhancing the Portfolio
- Accelerating Business Agility
- Becoming a SAFe Practice Consultant (SPC)
For more details on the exam pattern and references, visit the Scaled Agile website.
Here’s what you will get:
- Course workbook and SAFe Studio access to help prepare you to take the certification exam, claim your digital badge, and tools to get started in your SAFe role
- Remote learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms
- One-year membership to SAFe® Studio with your first class attendance
- All the materials that you need to get started as a SAFe Trainer including complete trainer guidance and online enablement
- Downloadable toolkits to help you prepare, facilitate and take action from key SAFe activities like Organizing Around Value
- Platform access to e-learning modules and curated members-only content to support your SAFe transformation
- Member discussion forms to engage in ongoing conversations on the SAFe framework or how to better perform as part of an Agile Team
- Access to the SAFe Practice Consultant (SPC) Certification Exam on completion of the course
On completion of the course, you can report and claim your Professional Development Units (PDUs) on the PMI website. Get details at this link.
The Implementing SAFe course and SAFe Practice Consultant (SPC) certification are greatly respected in the Agile space, and validate your capability of successfully implementing SAFe in the enterprise, following the SAFe® Implementation Roadmap. An SPC certification empowers you to become a transformation agent, mentor and coach who plans and executes a clear strategy for a successful SAFe® adoption. It also enables you to train and certify others in a range of SAFe® courses. You can also coach and co-train Implementing SAFe classes upon getting approval from the co-trainer.
- Undertake CyberBahn's 4-day Implementing SAFe® course led by SAFe Practice Consultant Trainers (SPCTs).
- Learn and practice using the articles, videos and resources on the Scaled Agile website.
- When you are adequately prepared to take the exam, log into the SAFe Community Platform to access the exam.
- You will be required to review and accept the Candidate Agreement before starting the exam.
- Attempt the 120 minute SAFe 6 Practice Consultant Exam online which comprises 60 Multiple choice/ Multiple response questions. Note that Multiple response questions require all correct answers to be selected; as partial credit will not be given.
- You must score a minimum of 75% (45 out of 60) to pass the SAFe Practice Consultant certification exam.
- Your profile on Scaled Agile, Inc will be updated with the certification, after passing the exam.
- You will receive 1-year membership with Scaled Agile along with the certification.
- You have to renew the membership (and consequently the certification) every year.
Starting April 3rd, 2023, Scaled Agile has transitioned to a new membership model for the SAFe Community Platform. You can renew your membership at one of three tiers:
- SAFe® Expert Membership ($995/year) - For members who currently hold SPC or SPCT certifications. Renews all certifications, provides access to all SAFe content, and enables SPCs/SPCTs to train others to lead a Lean-Agile transformation.
- SAFe® Advanced Membership ($295/year) - For members who currently hold one or more Advanced certifications. This provides access to basic and some advanced content and continued access to course learnings and assets and renews the following certifications. This also includes every certification in the SAFe® Foundational Membership.
- Agile Product Management (APM)
- Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Release Train Engineer (RTE)
- SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM)
- SAFe® for Architects (ARCH)
- Agile Software Engineer (ASE)
- SAFe® Foundational Membership ($195/year) - For members who currently hold one or more Foundational certifications. This provides access to basic content and continued access to course learnings and assets and renews the following certifications.
- SAFe® Agilist (SA)
- SAFe® Practitioner (SP)
- SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM)
- SAFe® Government Practitioner (SGP)
- SAFe® DevOps Practitioner (SDP)
- Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM)
The registration fee includes the course materials, remote learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms, access to SAFe® Studio - a visual online workspace, a one-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform and the SAFe Practice Consultant certification exam.
On completion of the course, you can report and claim your Professional Development Units (PDUs) on the PMI website, as per this link.
The Project Management Institute (PMI)® issues Professional Development Units (PDUs) to the candidate after the completion of any certification course. They are given to recognize the participation of the professional and to authenticate the knowledge of the principles and practices taught. To hold your certification from PMI, you should earn a particular number of PDUs every three years.
PDUs recognize your dedication to the global Project Management community. They are required for recertification and to maintain your PMI credential in good standing. You can learn more about PDUs here.
You can get more course details at this link or write to us at email@example.com. You can also chat with our counsellors on the Live Chat on this website, and get your queries answered in real time.
After completing the Implementing SAFe course, you can become a SAFe Expert.
SAFe Experts are:
- SAFe Practice Consultants (SPCs) who train, coach, and/or consult on SAFe
- SAFe Co-trainers, SPCs who are eligible to co-train Implementing SAFe® classes with an SPCT
- SAFe Practice Consultant Trainers (SPCTs), who are eligible to train SPCs and lead large-scale Scaled Agile Framework transformations
- Internal SAFe Practice Consultant Trainers (iSPCTs), who are eligible to teach courses within their enterprises and can co-teach public Implementing SAFe® classes
- SAFe Fellows, who contribute valuable thought leadership to the Framework