An Agile implementation is not easy, and it takes more than just a roadmap and a set of rules to actually implement the change. What it calls for is a seismic shift in the culture and mindset, which requires everyone to be on board with the new ways of working. Agile Release Trains (ARTS) are the most efficient way to achieve success in a Lean-Agile transformation, and the SAFe Release Train Engineer is the leader who helps to set the cadence and deliver flow of value through a well-organized ART.
This 3-day training and certification will set you on track to be an efficient, motivated and capable Release Train Engineer who makes sure every team is aligned to the common vision and goals, and the ART runs on well-oiled wheels. You will remove impediments, address challenges and help your organization embrace change. You'll learn to be adept at creating the right environment to foster relentless improvement, smoothen workflows and lead ARTs to deliver consistent, sustainable value.
At the end of this course, you will get access to the SAFe Release Train Engineer certification exam on the SAFe Community platform. CyberBahn is a SAFe® SPCT Gold and Tooling Partner (1 of 3 companies world-wide to have this credential).
Previous attendees of this course include (but are not limited to) these roles:
- RTEs and Solution Train Engineers (STEs)
- Program and Project Managers
- Scrum Masters
- Leaders and managers
- Agile Coaches
- SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs)
- Prospective SAFe Release Train Engineers
SAFe® Release Train Engineer Course Curriculum
This course and curriculum follow the latest release of SAFe 6
Exploring the RTE Role and Responsibilities
Applying SAFe Principles
Organizing the ART
Planning a PI
Executing a PI
Fostering Relentless Improvement
Serving the ART
Continuing Your Learning Journey
For more details on the exam pattern and references, visit the Scaled Agile website.
Here’s what you will get:
- Course workbook and SAFe Studio access to help you prepare to take the certification exam, claim your digital badge, and tools to get started in your SAFe role
- Remote learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms
- One-year membership to SAFe® Studio with your first class attendance
- Access to RTE Essentials Online Learning Series
- Facilitation Guides for all ART events
- Online collaboration tools for facilitating SAFe ART events, like PI Planning and System Demo
- Access to content, tools, and resources you need to practice Scaled Agile Framework every day
- SAFe® Release Train Engineer certification exam on completion of the course
On completion of the course, you can report and claim your Professional Development Units (PDUs) on the PMI website. Get details at
SAFe is the trusted and preferred framework used by over 20,000 enterprises worldwide for scaling their Agile adoption, and SAFe certified professionals are in demand across industries for their expertise.
The SAFe Release Train Engineer course and certification is one that is highly sought after in a SAFe enterprise. You will gain a deep understanding of the role and responsibilities of a Release Train Engineer (RTE) in the SAFe enterprise, and will be able to facilitate and implement ART processes and guide and coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets.
- Undertake CyberBahn's 3-day SAFe® Release Train Engineer course led by SAFe Program Consultant Trainers (SPCTs).
- Learn and practice using the articles, videos and resources on the Scaled Agile website.
- When you are adequately prepared to take the exam, log into the SAFe Community Platform to access the exam.
- You will be required to review and accept the Candidate Agreement before starting the exam.
- Attempt the 120 minute SAFe 6 RTE Exam online which comprises 60 Multiple choice/ Multiple response questions. Note that Multiple response questions require all correct answers to be selected; as partial credit will not be given.
- You must score a minimum of 75% (45 out of 60) to pass the SAFe Release Train Engineer certification exam.
- Your profile on Scaled Agile, Inc will be updated with the certification, after passing the exam.
- You will receive 1-year membership with Scaled Agile along with the certification.
- You have to renew the membership (and consequently the certification) every year.
Starting April 3rd, 2023, Scaled Agile has transitioned to a new membership model for the SAFe Community Platform. You can renew your membership at one of three tiers:
- SAFe® Expert Membership ($995/year) - For members who currently hold SPC or SPCT certifications. Renews all certifications, provides access to all SAFe content, and enables SPCs/SPCTs to train others to lead a Lean-Agile transformation.
- SAFe® Advanced Membership ($295/year) - For members who currently hold one or more Advanced certifications. This provides access to basic and some advanced content and continued access to course learnings and assets and renews the following certifications. This also includes every certification in the SAFe® Foundational Membership.
- Agile Product Management (APM)
- Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Release Train Engineer (RTE)
- SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM)
- SAFe® for Architects (ARCH)
- Agile Software Engineer (ASE)
- SAFe® Foundational Membership ($195/year) - For members who currently hold one or more Foundational certifications. This provides access to basic content and continued access to course learnings and assets and renews the following certifications.
- SAFe® Agilist (SA)
- SAFe® Practitioner (SP)
- SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM)
- SAFe® Government Practitioner (SGP)
- SAFe® DevOps Practitioner (SDP)
- Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM)
The registration fee includes the course materials, remote learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms, access to SAFe® Studio - a visual online workspace, a one-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform and the SAFe Release Train Engineer certification exam. You'll also get access to valuable content, tools, and resources you need to practice SAFe every day.
On completion of the course, you can report and claim your Professional Development Units (PDUs) on the PMI website, as per this link.
The Project Management Institute (PMI) ® issues Professional Development Units (PDUs) to the candidate after the completion of any certification course. They are given to recognize the participation of the professional and to authenticate the knowledge of the principles and practices taught. To hold your certification from PMI, you should earn a particular number of PDUs every three years.
PDUs recognize your dedication to the global Project Management community. They are required for recertification and to maintain your PMI credential in good standing. You can learn more about PDUs here.
You can get more course details at this link or write to us at email@example.com. You can also chat with our counsellors on the Live Chat on this website, and get your queries answered in real time.
After completing the SAFe Release Train Engineer course, you can go on to undertake other SAFe courses based on your role, goals and experience. Visit this link to choose the course and certification that best matches your current needs.