Successful products are those that are not only desired by the customer, but are also feasible to develop and are sustainable in the long term. As a SAFe® Agile Product Manager, you will work in conjunction with SAFe Architects and RTEs to facilitate ARTs in the continuous delivery of value.
On completing this 3-day training and certification, you will be able to leverage design thinking to create desirable, feasible, and sustainable products. Through continuous exploration of new markets, you will innovate and chart out a product vision and strategy that lead to exceptional results. You will be able to use product strategy to set clarity and direction for the ART, and can develop and implement roadmaps that generate and sustain value. Equip yourself with the SAFe APM toolkit and mindset, and learn to craft customer delight across the lifecycle of the product, from inception to retirement!
At the end of this course, you will get access to the SAFe Agile Product Manager certification exam on the SAFe Community platform. CyberBahn is a SAFe® SPCT Gold and Tooling Partner (1 of 3 companies world-wide to have this credential).
Previous attendees of this course include (but are not limited to) these roles:
- Product Managers and Directors of Product Management
- Product Marketing Managers, Project Managers, Product Owners
- VP of Product Management, Business Owners, Business Analysts
- Product Leaders collaborating with Product Management, Architects, Subject Matter Experts, and Business Line Managers
SAFe® Agile Product Manager Course Curriculum
This course and curriculum follow the latest release of SAFe 6.0
Analyzing Your Role as a Product Manager
Continuously Exploring Markets and Users
Driving Strategy with Market Segmentation
Using Empathy to Drive Design
Defining Product Strategy and Vision
Creating Roadmaps to Build Solutions
Creating Innovation in the Value Stream
Optional: Managing Value Stream Economics
Duration: 120 minutes
Number of questions: 60
Passing score: 45/60 (75%)
Competency level: Foundational, Competent
Question format: Multiple choice (one answer) or multiple select (2-3 answers)
Delivery: Web-based, closed book, no outside assistance, timed
Access: Community Platform upon completion of the course
Exam Language: English
Cost: First attempt included in the course registration fee if taken within 30 days of course completion.
Exam retakes: Each retake or attempt past the 30-day window is $50
For more details on the exam pattern and references, visit the Scaled Agile website.
Here’s what you will get:
Course workbook and SAFe Studio access to help you prepare to take the certification exam, claim your digital badge, and tools to get started in your SAFe role
Remote learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms
One-year membership to SAFe Studio with your first class attendance
Platform access to e-learning modules and curated members-only content to support your SAFe transformation
Member discussion forms to engage in ongoing conversations on the SAFe framework or how to better perform as part of an Agile Team
Curated content-playlists based on your interests and roles, including templated resources and facilitation guides to get you started
Access to content, tools, and resources you need to practice SAFe every day
Access to the SAFe® Agile Product Manager certification exam on completion of the course
On completion of the course, you can report and claim your Professional Development Units (PDUs) on the PMI website. Get details at this link.
The pandemic has accelerated the rate of Agile adoption, as proven by the 15th State of Agile. Reports indicate that there has been a huge uptick in Agile adoption across global industries and sectors, to the tune of a 37% to 84% increase in software development, 26% to 60% in IT, and a 100% increase in Agile adoption in non-IT departments, such as finance, HR and marketing.
By getting SAFe APM certified, you will prove to potential employers that you have what it takes to successfully play the role of an Agile Product Manager in a SAFe enterprise. Together with the RTE and Architects, you will work with a customer-centric approach to guide delivery of value on the ART.
- Undertake CyberBahn's 3-day SAFe® Agile Product Management (APM) course led by SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs).
- Learn and practice using the articles, videos, and resources on the Scaled Agile website.
- When you are adequately prepared to take the exam, log into the SAFe Community Platform to access the exam.
- You will be required to review and accept the Candidate Agreement before starting the exam.
- Attempt the 120 minute SAFe 6 APM Exam online which comprises 60 Multiple-choice/ Multiple-response questions. Note that Multiple response questions require all correct answers to be selected; as partial credit will not be given.
- You must score a minimum of 75% (45 out of 60) to pass the SAFe Agile Product Management (APM) certification exam.
- Your profile on Scaled Agile, Inc will be updated with the certification, after passing the exam.
- You will receive a 1-year membership with Scaled Agile along with the certification.
- You have to renew the membership (and consequently the certification) every year.
Starting April 3rd, 2023, Scaled Agile has transitioned to a new membership model for the SAFe Community Platform. You can renew your membership at one of three tiers:
- SAFe® Expert Membership ($995/year) - For members who currently hold SPC or SPCT certifications. Renews all certifications, provides access to all SAFe content, and enables SPCs/SPCTs to train others to lead a Lean-Agile transformation.
- SAFe® Advanced Membership ($295/year) - For members who currently hold one or more Advanced certifications. This provides access to basic and some advanced content and continued access to course learnings and assets and renews the following certifications. This also includes every certification in the SAFe® Foundational Membership.
- Agile Product Management (APM)
- Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Release Train Engineer (RTE)
- SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM)
- SAFe® for Architects (ARCH)
- Agile Software Engineer (ASE)
- SAFe® Foundational Membership ($195/year) - For members who currently hold one or more Foundational certifications. This provides access to basic content and continued access to course learnings and assets and renews the following certifications.
- SAFe® Agilist (SA)
- SAFe® Practitioner (SP)
- SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM)
- SAFe® Government Practitioner (SGP)
- SAFe® DevOps Practitioner (SDP)
- Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM)
The registration fee includes the course materials, remote learning via SAFe® Virtual Classrooms, access to SAFe® Studio - a visual online workspace, a one-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform and the SAFe Agile Product Management certification exam. You’ll also get access to content, tools, and resources you need to practice SAFe every day.
On completion of the course, you can report and claim your Professional Development Units (PDUs) on the PMI website, as per this link.
The Project Management Institute (PMI) ® issues Professional Development Units (PDUs) to the candidate after the completion of any certification course. They are given to recognize the participation of the professional and to authenticate the knowledge of the principles and practices taught. To hold your certification from PMI, you should earn a particular number of PDUs every three years.
PDUs recognize your dedication to the global Project Management community. They are required for recertification and to maintain your PMI credential in good standing. You can learn more about PDUs here.
You can get more course details at this link or write to us at email@example.com. You can also chat with our counsellors on the Live Chat on this website, and get your queries answered in real time.
After completing the SAFe Agile Product Management (APM) course, you can go on to undertake other SAFe courses based on your role, goals and experience. Visit this link to choose the course and certification that best matches your current needs.