Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP)
- 8 Hours of Live Instructor-Led Online Training
- Course fee includes certification fee
- Earn 8 PDUs and 8 SEUs
- Free download of "Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for your Technology Business" e-book by David J Anderson
- Hands-on, interactive course led by industry experts
- Learn through case studies and simulations
This 1-day Team Kanban Practitioner workshop is an introductory course that can be your launchpad to this methodology, considered to be an ‘alternative path to agility’. You will learn the core concepts of Kanban, and through real-life case studies and examples, gain an understanding of its principles and practices. Learn how Kanban can benefit a project management team, improve collaboration and enable better visualization of project goals and resources. Discover how this methodology can improve working environments across all levels of your organization.
On completion of this course, you will get the Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) designation. This will indicate that you have completed your training, and have gained an understanding of Team Kanban concepts based on the Kanban Method.
This is a foundational course and there are no prerequisites.
However, to grasp the concepts more easily, course participants are encouraged to have read "Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for your Technology Business" by David J Anderson.
This course has a wide audience, and is suggested for anyone interested in Kanban, presently working in any industry.
Previous attendees of this course include (but are not limited to) these roles:
- Senior Management Roles
- Program and Project Managers
- Product Managers and Product Owners
- Business Analysts
- Scrum Masters, Team Leads and Change Agents
- Scrum Team Members
- Product & Software Developers & Testers
- Agile Coaches & Practitioners
- HR and Finance professionals
- Anyone who has worked with Agile (Scrum, XP, DSDM or other frameworks) and wishes to explore an alternative path to Agility
On completion of this course, you will get clarity on:
- The principles and practices of Kanban
- How to design and implement a Kanban board
- How to visualize different types of work and identify the associated risks
- Understand the benefits of improving flow using WIP limits
- How to run Kanban meetings and help the team to self-manage and focus on work
- Enhancing quality and value through the Kanban methodology
- How to proceed to the next level using Kanban
Here's what you will get:
- Interactive 1-day training from an Accredited Kanban Trainer
- Course eBook
- A digital copy of the book "Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for your Technology Business" by David J. Anderson.
- Digital Certificate of Completion of Lean Kanban University
- Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) credential certificate, TKP badge on KU website
- Membership of Kanban University
- Profile listing on the Kanban University (KU) alumni page.
On completion of the course, you could apply for Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs) as below:
- 8 PDUs from Project Management Institute (PMI)®
- 8 SEUs from Scrum Alliance
The course follows the official KU Certified Kanban syllabus. This 1-day class covers 4 modules of 90 minutes each, and touches upon the following topics:
- · Introduction and Survey
- · Using Kanban to address overburdening
- · Principles & Practices of the Kanban Method
- · Meanings of Kanban
- · Basic Kanban concepts
- · Overview of Kanban Cadences
- o Daily standup meeting
- o Replenishment meeting
- · Lean Kanban interactive simulation
- · Board designs (including Personal Kanban)
- · WIP limits
- · Types of Risk
- · Kanban board design exercise
The registration fee includes the training fee, the study material provided, and Membership of Kanban University. On completing this course, you will get the Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) credential.
Besides this, all registered participants can get a digital copy of the book "Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for your Technology Business" by David J. Anderson, which is suggested as a prerequisite before undertaking the course, so that you can grasp the concepts quickly.
- Kanban System Improvement (KMP I)
- Kanban Systems Improvement (KMP II)
- Leading SAFe