Oct 1, 2022 10:30am - Oct 2, 2022 07:30pm
SAFe Product Owner/ Product Manager (POPM)-5.1Oct 12 2022 - Oct 13 2022, 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Virtual Class, IST Timezone
SummaryDevelop the skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise—and learn about the activities, tools, and mechanics used to manage backlogs and programs—by becoming a SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM). During this two-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the Agile Release Train (ART), how it delivers value, and what they can do to effectively perform their role.
They will also learn how to apply Lean thinking to write Epics, break them down into Features and Stories, plan and execute Iterations, and plan Program Increments. Finally, attendees learn about the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate as Product Owners and Product Managers, and what it takes to relentlessly improve the ART.
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager.
Learning GoalsTo perform the role of a SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager, attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Collaborate with Lean Portfolio Management
- Explore continuous value with Program Increment Planning
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Create a role action plan
- Applying SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Relating a Lean-Agile Mindset to the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Collaborating with Lean Portfolio Management
- Continuously explore customer needs
- Executing the Program Increment
- Defining the Product Owner/Product Manager roles and responsibilities
- Creating a Product Owner/Product Manager action plan
What Attendees GetThe class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who will benefit?The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Product Managers, Product Line Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners, and Business Analysts
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, PMO personnel, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
PrerequisitesAll are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) certification exam:
- Attend a Leading SAFe® course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications
SAFe Certification KitAttendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager certificate
- A SAFe 5 Product Owner/Product Manager digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager, which includes access to the POPM Community of Practice
- A SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager certification usage guide with POPM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Annual RenewalCertificates expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $100
- Exam name: SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager Exam
- Exam format: Multiple choice
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 5 Product Owner/Product Manager course
- Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions: 45
- Passing score: 35 out of 45 (77% passing score)
- Language: English
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Prasid Thomas Alexander, SPC Consultant, CyberBahn
About Our Trainer
With over 23 years of rich and varied professional experience with multinational corporations, including 17+ years into Agile, Prasid has worked in a diversity of roles from hands-on Practitioner to Agile Coach and Design Thinker.
Prasid holds a Master of Science (Applied Statistics and Informatics) from IIT Bombay and has industry acclaimed certifications that include SAFe Program Consultant from Scaled Agile, Professional Agile Leader I and Professional Scrum Master II from Scrum.org, Certified Scrum Product Owner from Scrum Alliance, Enterprise Design Thinking Practitioner and Co-Creator from IBM.
He is a Management 3.0 and "Training from the Back of the Room" (TBR) Practitioner.
Prasid's professional experience includes Lean-Agile Coaching & Consulting, Nurturing Communities of Practice, Design Thinking to co-create value and Agile project management for Mobile Apps.
To know more, please check Prasid’s profile on Linkedin.