Jan 31, 2023 10:30am - Feb 3, 2023 07:30pm
SAFe for Architects (ARCH)-5.1Feb 22 2023 - Feb 22 2023, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Virtual Class, GMT Timezone
This course is for senior technical contributors who need to understand the role of System, Solution, and Enterprise Architects in Lean-Agile enterprises. The course is also appropriate for individuals desiring a deeper view into how architecture enables continuous value flow and how architects engage in, and contribute to, a Lean-Agile enterprise.
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® 5 Architect (ARCH)
Learning GoalsTo perform the role of a SAFe® Architect attendees should be able to:
- Architect using SAFe principles
- Align architecture with business value
- Develop and communicate architecture vision and intent
- Plan architectural runway to enable delivery success
- Architect for continuous delivery and Release on Demand
- Lead and coach architects and team members during Program Increment (PI) Planning and execution
- Provide leadership during a Lean-Agile transformation
- Exemplifying Lean-Agile architecture
- Architecting for DevOps and Release on Demand
- Aligning architecture with business value
- Developing Solution Vision, Solution Intent, and Roadmaps
- Preparing architecture for Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Coordinating architecture throughout PI Planning
- Supporting Continuous Delivery during PI execution
- Supporting new Strategic Themes and Value Streams
- Leading as an architect during a Lean-Agile transformation
What Attendees GetThe class registration includes:
- Attendee workbooks
- Eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Architect (ARCH) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- System, Solution, and Enterprise architects
- Architects in supporting technical disciplines
- Experienced software developers
- Technical managers making architectural decisions
- Product leaders collaborating with architects
PrerequisitesThose who attend this course should be familiar with Agile principles and practices and must have attended at least one SAFe course prior to attending this one.
SAFe Certification KitAttendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe® 5 Architect certificate
- A SAFe® 5 Architect digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe® 5 Architect, which includes access to the ARCH Community of Practice
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Annual RenewalCertifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $295
- Exam name: SAFe® 5 Architect
- Exam format: Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® 5 Architect course
- Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2.0 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions – 60
- Passing score – 45 out of 60 (75%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)Attendees may be eligible to apply for up to 24 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Prasid Thomas Alexander
About Our Trainer
With over 23 years of rich and varied professional experience with multinational corporations, including 17+ years into Agile, Prasid has worked in a diversity of roles from hands-on Practitioner to Agile Coach and Design Thinker.
Prasid holds a Master of Science (Applied Statistics and Informatics) from IIT Bombay and has industry acclaimed certifications that include SAFe Program Consultant from Scaled Agile, Professional Agile Leader I and Professional Scrum Master II from Scrum.org, Certified Scrum Product Owner from Scrum Alliance, Enterprise Design Thinking Practitioner and Co-Creator from IBM.
He is a Management 3.0 and "Training from the Back of the Room" (TBR) Practitioner.
Prasid's professional experience includes Lean-Agile Coaching & Consulting, Nurturing Communities of Practice, Design Thinking to co-create value and Agile project management for Mobile Apps.
To know more, please check Prasid’s profile on Linkedin.