Jan 31, 2023 10:30am - Feb 3, 2023 07:30pm
SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM)-5.1Feb 4 2023 - Feb 5 2023, 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Virtual Class, IST Timezone
This two-day course prepares current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) implementation. The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices; the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value; and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts.
The course offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM).
Learning GoalsTo perform the role of a SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in a multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at scale
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Learn to apply Kanban Extreme Programming (XP) frameworks to optimize flow and improve the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
- Exploring the Scrum Master role in the SAFe enterprise
- Applying SAFe Principles: A Scrum Master’s perspective
- Exploring Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Facilitating program execution
- Improving flow with Kanban and XP
- Building high-performing teams
- Improving program performance with Inspect and Adapt
What Attendees Get
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others assuming the role of an Agile Team facilitator in a SAFe or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers responsible for Agile execution and coaching teams, including teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile Program Managers
- Prospective SAFe Release Train Engineers
- SAFe® 5 Scrum Master (SSM) certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification
SAFe Certification Kit
- SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certificate
- A SAFe 5 Advanced Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Advanced Scrum Master, which includes access to the SASM Community of Practice
- A SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification usage guide with SASM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
- Renewal fee is $100
- Exam Name: SAFe® 5 Advanced Scrum Master Exam
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice;
- Exam Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 5 Advanced Scrum Master course
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins candidates have 120 minutes to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 60
- Passing Score: 42 out of 60 (70%)
- Language: English
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact email@example.com for any retake questions.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Prasid Thomas Alexander
About Our Trainer
With over 23 years of rich and varied professional experience with multinational corporations, including 17+ years into Agile, Prasid has worked in a diversity of roles from hands-on Practitioner to Agile Coach and Design Thinker.
Prasid holds a Master of Science (Applied Statistics and Informatics) from IIT Bombay and has industry acclaimed certifications that include SAFe Program Consultant from Scaled Agile, Professional Agile Leader I and Professional Scrum Master II from Scrum.org, Certified Scrum Product Owner from Scrum Alliance, Enterprise Design Thinking Practitioner and Co-Creator from IBM.
He is a Management 3.0 and "Training from the Back of the Room" (TBR) Practitioner.
Prasid's professional experience includes Lean-Agile Coaching & Consulting, Nurturing Communities of Practice, Design Thinking to co-create value and Agile project management for Mobile Apps.
To know more, please check Prasid’s profile on Linkedin.