Dec 3, 2022 09:00am - Dec 4, 2022 06:00pm
Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)-5.1Dec 10 2022 - Dec 11 2022, 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Virtual Class, CST Timezone
This is a three-day interactive course that provides a workshop-type of experience.
- Describe Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Connect the portfolio to enterprise strategy
- Establish the Portfolio Vision
- Implement Lean Budgeting and Guardrails
- Establish flow with the Portfolio Kanban
- Support operational excellence with Agile PMO and CoPs
- Coordinate Value Streams
- Measure the LPM performance
- Build a plan for LPM implementation
- Introducing Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Establishing Strategy and Investment Funding
- Applying Agile Portfolio Operations
- Applying Lean Governance
- Implementing the LPM function
What Attendees Get
- Attendee workbook
- Course certificate of completion
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® LPM certification exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- One certification exam attempt
Who will benefit?
- Executives and Leaders (CIOs, CEOs, CFOs, CTOs and VPs)
- Enterprise Architects
- Product Managers and Solution Managers
- Business Unit Managers
- Program Office Personnel
- SPCs and Enterprise Agile Coaches
- Human Resources
- Epic Owners
PrerequisitesAll are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
However, the following recommendations will make the training more productive.
• Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
• Attended a Leading SAFe or SAFe PO/PM course
• Experience working in a SAFe environment
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
SAFe Certification Kit
- SAFe Lean Portfolio Manager certificate
- SAFe 5 Lean Portfolio Manager digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe 5 Lean Portfolio Manager, which includes access to the LPM Community of Practice
- A SAFe 5 Lean Portfolio Manager certification usage guide with LPM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
- Membership renewals are one year from the date certification is earned
- Exam name: SAFe Lean Portfolio Manager Exam
- Exam format: Multiple choice, Multiple select
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Lean Portfolio Management course
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 60
- Passing Score: 42 out of 60 (70%)
- Language: English
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)Attendees may be eligible to apply for up to 24 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
About Our Trainer
Balasubramanian Swaminathan is a visionary Transformational Executive Leader, Enterprise Business Agility Strategist, Product and Portfolio Management Leader who actively promotes Lean Agile Product Development culture, mindset, and practices. Bala contributed to many senior leadership roles and is currently heading the Enterprise Agile PMO and Transformation initiatives at Albertsons. Overall, 25+ years of global work experience covering US, Europe, and India. Bala holds the most revered recognition “SPCT - SAFe Program Consultant Trainer” from Scaled Agile Inc.
Bala is currently contributing as a Transformational executive leader in the following space:
- Spearhead to Influence and rollout Agile Transformation and Change Management at Scale across the enterprise that includes both Business and Technology
- Spearhead to influence and rollout the mindset, culture, and practice to adapt to the “Product Operating Model” i.e., move away from Project to Product mindset – instill flow-based thinking model and organize teams around customer value by establishing “Value Stream Management” across the enterprise
- Spearhead and lead Lean Portfolio Management, Program Management and Governance including PMO function supporting both Traditional and Agile mindset and practices
- Spearhead to influence and rollout Digital and Agile Transformation in Product Management
- Spearhead to influence Agility Foundation at Team, Program level for Technology organization including rolling out Scrum, Kanban and Hybrid XP mindset, culture, and practices
- Digitize enterprise-wide tools and technology to an ecosystem that’s consistent, repeatable, and scalable which truly embraces the perspective of “one size does not fit all” – supporting minimalistic consistency and maximum autonomy to promote and create high performing teams
To mention a few industries with exemplary customer success stories: cloud-based / on-prem retail solutions, cloud-based healthcare digital systems, cloud-based financial systems, cloud-based personality assessment tools, radiation oncology - medical devices, security control systems, network technology, mobile technology, automotive/car dashboard digitization, defense technology.