Dec 10, 2022 09:00am - Dec 11, 2022 06:00pm
Leading SAFe (SA)-5.1Dec 3 2022 - Dec 4 2022, 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Virtual Class, CST Timezone
During this two-day course, attendees learn the importance of mastering Business Agility in order to thrive in the digital age and gain insights they can use to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®).
The course begins by exploring the SAFe principles, derived from Lean product development, Agile development, DevOps and systems thinking. Following this, the attendees will discuss how to establish Team and Technical Agility and organize around the flow of value. The course then focuses on the importance of adopting a customer-centric mindset and applying Design Thinking as part of the Agile Product Delivery core competency and provides an opportunity to experience a PI Planning event.
Attendees also gain insights and recommendations for building a Continuous Delivery Pipeline and instilling a DevOps culture. Finally, the attendees will gain an understanding of Lean Portfolio Management and the steps needed for implementing this function in their Enterprise.
To perform the role of a SAFe® Agilist, attendees should be able to:
- Understand the Five Core Competencies of the Lean Enterprise
- Become a Lean-thinking manager-teacher
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Apply SAFe's Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose
- Lead the transformation with the SAFe Implementation Roadmap
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution
- Drive Release on Demand with the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train
- Thriving in the Digital Age with Business Agility
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Establishing Team and Technical Agility
- Building Solutions with Agile Product Delivery
- Exploring Lean Portfolio Management
- Leading the Change
- Practicing SAFe
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Agilist exam
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Agilist (SA) certification exam:
- 5+ years' experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- Experience in Scrum
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Agilist certificate
- A SAFe 5 Agilist digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Agilist, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice
- A SAFe Agilist certification usage guide with SA certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Exam name – SAFe® 4 Agilist Exam – or – SAFe® 5 Agilist Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Leading SAFe® course
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions: 45
- Passing score – SA4 = 34 out of 45 (75%); SA5 = 35 out of 45 (77%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.