Dec 7, 2021 09:00am - Dec 9, 2021 06:00pm
Implementing SAFe (SPC)-5.1Dec 6, 2021 9:00 AM - Dec 9, 2021 6:00 PM
Virtual Class, CST Timezone
3 Reasons why you should choose CyberBahn for SPC class ?
During this four-day course, attendees will learn how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation by leveraging the practices and principles of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) to achieve Business Agility in the Digital Age.
By certifying as SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC), you can train and empower others in a range of SAFe® courses.
Leading SAFe® – Days 1 and 2
- Thriving in the Digital Age with Business Agility
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Establishing Team and Technical Agility
- Building Solutions with Agile Product Delivery
- Exploring Lean Portfolio Management
- Leading the Change
Implementing SAFe® – Days 3 and 4
- Reaching the SAFe Tipping Point
- Designing the Implementation
- Launching an Agile Release Train
- Coaching ART Execution
- Extending to the Portfolio
- Accelerating to Business Agility
- Becoming a SAFe 5 Program Consultant (SPC)
After this course, you should be able to:
- Lead an enterprise Lean-Agile transformation
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Empower with a Lean Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common language and way of working
- Perform Value Stream identification
- Launch and support Agile Release Trains, and coordinate Large Solutions
- Build and execute an implementation rollout strategy
- Configure the Framework for a specific enterprise context
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe®
- Continue their learning journey and become enabled to train other SAFe roles in the enterprise
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe 5 Program Consultant (SPC) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend all four days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
- Exam name – SAFe 5 Program Consultant Exam.
- Exam format – Multiple choice.
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed.
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Implementing SAFe course.
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam.
- Number of questions – 60.
- Passing score – 45 out of 60 (75% pass rate).
- Language – English.
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $250.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
About Our Trainer
Proven leader with a history of developing high performing consulting and professional services teams serving the software and business process needs of the Fortune 500. Particular expertise in creating teams with new capabilities and turning around underperforming programs. Passionate about aligning technology with business needs and raising customer success and satisfaction to the level of competitive differentiator.
Specialities: Agile / Iterative Software Development Methodologies; Project Governance and Portfolio Management; PMO; Change Management
Our Co Trainer
About Our Co Trainer
Balasubramanian Swaminathan is a visionary Enterprise Business Agility Strategist and Lean Agile Product Development Leader who had played the role of a Senior Director Lean-Agile Practices at several technology companies in California. Bala has over 25+ years of global work experience in US, Europe, and India. He had influenced, coached, mentored, and led several global teams that covers enterprise-wide leaders, product portfolio programs and operations leaders, and various software, firmware and hardware dev leaders and individual contributors. He had managed multi-hundred-million-dollar agile portfolio and program teams. He is a SPCT Candidate currently pursuing the most revered recognition (SPCT) from Scaled Agile Inc.
To mention few industries with exemplary customer success stories: on-prem and cloud-based retail solutions at Albertsons Companies, on-prem and cloud-based data analytics solution at Teradata, cloud-based healthcare digital systems at GE Healthcare Digital, cloud-based financial systems at VISA, cloud-based personality assessment tools at MBTI Company, radiation oncology - medical devices at Siemens Medical Solutions, security control systems, network technology, mobile technology, automotive/car dashboard digitization, defense technology.
Bala had implemented Agile and Scaled Agile Transformation for the business and technology teams that iteratively deploys customer focused deliverables and value-based outcomes thru value stream networking; established OKRs, KPIs and lean agile metrics across the enterprise; implemented business agility at various cross-functional teams (Finance, Corporate Accounting, HR, Customer Service, Sales / Marketing, Legal etc.,); collaborated with Portfolio leaders to rollout LPM; rolled out more than two dozen ARTs (Agile Release Trains) and handful of Solution Trains, led CoPs (Community of Practice) and LACE (Lean Agile Center of Excellence); built high performing teams; rolled out Lean Agile SDLC and ALM tool ecosystem; facilitated hundreds of global retrospectives and I&A events; trained 2000+ people in agile and SAFe trainings for the last 10+ years; taught leadership agility at UC Berkeley Extension and San Francisco State University for 5+ years as an adjunct faculty.
Bala holds an under-graduate degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering (Bachelor of Technology) – National Institute of Technology (NIT), post-graduation in Marketing and Management, Project, Program and Agile Management in UC Berkeley. He holds agile certifications from PMI, Scrum Alliance, Scaled Agile Framework, and International Consortium of Agile.
Bala lives in California. He spends his spare time with his family traveling to different places (pre-covid ), enjoys cooking, baking along with his family, long walks in trails and biking. He likes playing flute (traditional bamboo flutes). He is passionate about sharing his knowledge [over weekends] on agile leadership management and was associated with UC Berkeley Extension and San Francisco State University in the past as adjunct faculty.