Jun 2, 2022 09:00am - Jun 3, 2022 06:00pm
Agile Product Management (APM)-5.1Jun 3 2022 - Jun 5 2022, 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Virtual Class, CDT Timezone
SummaryThe Agile Product and Solution Management course allows you to discover the right mindset, skills, and tools you need to create successful products and solutions using Agile techniques. Learn how to use Design Thinking to create products and solutions that are:
- Desirable – what customers want
- Viable – profitable for you to build and sell
- Feasible – something you can realistically deliver
- Sustainable – something you can proactively manage to realize ROI
Attendees will recognize how Continuous Exploration fuels innovation and helps you define a vision, strategy, and roadmap to tap into new markets. Find out how to accelerate the product lifecycle to get fast feedback and quickly deliver exceptional products and solutions that delight customers – all while aligning with your organization’s strategy, portfolio, evolving architecture, and solution intent.
- Use Design Thinking to achieve desirable, feasible, and sustainable outcomes
- Explore market needs, segmentation, sizing, and competitive landscape
- Manage value stream economics, including pricing and licensing
- Use empathy to drive design
- Apply product strategy and vision
- Develop and evolve roadmaps
- Execute and deliver value using SAFe
- Explore innovation in the value stream
- Analyzing your role as a Product Manager in the Lean Enterprise
- Continuously exploring markets and users
- Driving strategy with market segmentation
- Using empathy to drive design
- Defining product strategy and vision
- Creating roadmaps to build solutions
- Delivering value
- Managing value stream economics
- Creating innovation in the value stream
What Attendees Get
- Attendee workbooks
- Eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Product and Solution Management exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Who will benefit?
- Product managers and directors of product management
- Product marketing managers, project managers, Product Owners
- VP of Product Management, Business Owners, Business Analysts
- Product leaders collaborating with product management, architects, subject matter experts, and business line managers
PrerequisitesAttendees of this course should be familiar with Agile principles and practices and have attended at least one SAFe course prior to attending. A background in product or solution management is highly recommended. Those who have experience being a product manager, product marketer, product owner, business owner, or bringing products to market would benefit from this course.
- Membership renewals are one year from the date certification is earned
- Renewal Fee: $295
- Exam name: SAFe® 5 Agile Product and Solution Manager Exam
- Exam format: Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® 5 Agile Product and Solution Management course
- Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2.0 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions – 60
- Passing score – 45 out of 60 (75%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for up to 24 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
About Our Trainer
Balasubramanian Swaminathan is a visionary Enterprise Business Agility Strategist and Lean Agile Product Development Leader who had played the role of a Senior Director Lean-Agile Practices at several technology companies in California. Bala has over 25+ years of global work experience in US, Europe, and India. He had influenced, coached, mentored, and led several global teams that covers enterprise-wide leaders, product portfolio programs and operations leaders, and various software, firmware and hardware dev leaders and individual contributors. He had managed multi-hundred-million-dollar agile portfolio and program teams. He is a SPCT Candidate currently pursuing the most revered recognition (SPCT) from Scaled Agile Inc.
To mention few industries with exemplary customer success stories: on-prem and cloud-based retail solutions at Albertsons Companies, on-prem and cloud-based data analytics solution at Teradata, cloud-based healthcare digital systems at GE Healthcare Digital, cloud-based financial systems at VISA, cloud-based personality assessment tools at MBTI Company, radiation oncology - medical devices at Siemens Medical Solutions, security control systems, network technology, mobile technology, automotive/car dashboard digitization, defense technology.
Bala had implemented Agile and Scaled Agile Transformation for the business and technology teams that iteratively deploys customer focused deliverables and value-based outcomes thru value stream networking; established OKRs, KPIs and lean agile metrics across the enterprise; implemented business agility at various cross-functional teams (Finance, Corporate Accounting, HR, Customer Service, Sales / Marketing, Legal etc.,); collaborated with Portfolio leaders to rollout LPM; rolled out more than two dozen ARTs (Agile Release Trains) and handful of Solution Trains, led CoPs (Community of Practice) and LACE (Lean Agile Center of Excellence); built high performing teams; rolled out Lean Agile SDLC and ALM tool ecosystem; facilitated hundreds of global retrospectives and I&A events; trained 2000+ people in agile and SAFe trainings for the last 10+ years; taught leadership agility at UC Berkeley Extension and San Francisco State University for 5+ years as an adjunct faculty.
Bala holds an under-graduate degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering (Bachelor of Technology) – National Institute of Technology (NIT), post-graduation in Marketing and Management, Project, Program and Agile Management in UC Berkeley. He holds agile certifications from PMI, Scrum Alliance, Scaled Agile Framework, and International Consortium of Agile.
Bala lives in California. He spends his spare time with his family traveling to different places (pre-covid ), enjoys cooking, baking along with his family, long walks in trails and biking. He likes playing flute (traditional bamboo flutes). He is passionate about sharing his knowledge [over weekends] on agile leadership management and was associated with UC Berkeley Extension and San Francisco State University in the past as adjunct faculty.