Kanban Systems Improvement (KSI or KMP II)
- 16 Hours of Live Instructor-Led Online Training
- Course fee includes certification fee
- Earn 16 PDUs and 16 SEUs
- Free download of "Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for your Technology Business" by David Anderson
- Hands-on, interactive course led by industry experts
- Learn through case studies and simulations
This 2-day Kanban Systems Improvement workshop builds upon the foundations taught in the Kanban System Design course, and explores how to add to the initial success of implementing this methodology. Learn to manage and evolve a Kanban rollout, and understand the use of metrics and feedback loops to optimize and evolve the system over time. Balance demand against team capability, and streamline workflows to improve predictability at scale. Understand how to deal with change, remove delays and inefficiencies, and scale Kanban across multiple teams in the enterprise.
On successfully completing both Kanban Systems Design and Kanban Systems Improvement, you will receive the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) accreditation from Kanban University, a sought-after credential in the Agile world.
Course participants are expected to have read "Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for your Technology Business" by David J Anderson to be able to grasp the concepts more easily.
It is recommended that they should have attended the Kanban System Design class (KMP I).
This course is suggested for those who have experience with and knowledge of Kanban basics and want to advance their implementations further, beyond the initial improvements realized from introducing Kanban to their organization.
- Previous attendees of this course include (but are not limited to) these roles:
- Project, Program and Portfolio managers
- Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Development Team members
- Business Analysts, and
- All those who take responsibility for improving delivery of products and services to customers
On completion of this course, you will get a concrete understanding of how to:
- Take a pro-active, rational and well-communicated approach to continuous improvement.
- Achieve higher levels of both internal and external customer satisfaction, sustainably.
- Outline a path to increase organizational maturity, including how to overcome resistance to change.
- Implement simple and effective cross-boundary coordination.
- Use proven tools and methods to increase capability, remove delays, reduce variability and manage bottlenecks.
- Develop an understanding of evolutionary change and avoid the tendency for pushing disruptive, presumptive solutions.
- Effectively scale workflow agility without changing job titles, organization structures, or causing other disruptions
- Increase skills and implementation of the 6 general practices of Kanban.
Through role playing and hands-on exercises, as well as case studies and discussions, this course will teach you advanced concepts that can be used to address workplace issues.
Here's what you will get:
- Interactive 2-day training from an Accredited Kanban Trainer
- Course eBook
- A digital copy of the book "Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for your Technology Business" by David J. Anderson.
- Digital Certificate of Completion of Lean Kanban University
- KMP II credential certificate, KMP II badge on KU website
- Membership of Kanban University
- Profile listing on the Kanban University (KU) alumni page.
On completion of the course, you could apply for Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs) as below:
- 16 PDUs from Project Management Institute (PMI)®
- 16 SEUs from Scrum Alliance
The course follows the official KU Certified Kanban syllabus. During the two days (or four half days), you will have plenty of opportunities to understand the topics listed below:
- Motivation for the Kanban method
- Kanban Maturity Model
- An Evolutionary Change- a Kanban Case Study
- Kanban for the Enterprise
- Upstream Kanban
- Scaling Kanban
- Kanban roles
- Feedback loops
- Understanding lead time
- Understanding and managing variability
- Managing bottlenecks
- Evolutionary change
The registration fee includes the training fee, the study material provided, and Membership of Kanban University. On completing both Kanban System Design and Kanban Systems Improvement, you will get the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) credential.
Besides this, all registered participants can get the free eBook "Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for your Technology Business" by David Anderson.
This is suggested as a prerequisite before undertaking the course, so that you can grasp the concepts quickly.
The Project Management Institute issues the Professional Development Units (PDUs) and the Scrum Alliance issues the Scrum Educational Units (SEUs) to the candidate after the completion of any certification course. They are given to recognize the participation of the professional and to authenticate the knowledge of the principles and practices taught. To hold your certification from the Scrum Alliance, you should earn a particular number of SEUs every two years. Similarly, to hold your certification from PMI, you should earn a particular number of PDUs every three years.
- Kanban System Improvement (KMP I)
- Team Kanban Practitioner (TKB)
- Leading SAFe