Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
DESCRIPTIONAs a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®), you’ll help the Scrum Team perform at their highest level. CSMs also protect the team from both internal and external distractions. Through the certification process, you will learn the Scrum framework and gain an understanding of team roles, events, and artifacts.
- Expand your career opportunities across all industry sectors adopting Agile practices
- Demonstrate your attainment of core Scrum knowledge
- Learn the foundation of Scrum and the scope of the role
- Engage with Agile practitioners committed to continuous improvement
- Attend an in-person, 16-hour course taught by a Certified Scrum Trainer® (CST®)
- After successfully completing the course, you will need to take the 50 question CSM test and answer 37 out of the 50 questions correctly within the 60 minute time limit
- After you pass the CSM test, you will be asked to accept the CSM License Agreement and complete your Scrum Alliance membership profile
Maintain your CSM certification by earning Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and renewing your certification every two years.
The step by step process to get the CSM certification is as follows:
Step 1: Register for the CSM certification course with a REP of Scrum Alliance.
Step 2: Attend the 2-day Certified Scrum Master training by the certified Scrum trainer (CSTs)
Step 3: Scrum Alliance will send an email to create login credentials after successful course completion.
Step 4: Create your credentials from the link received by the Scrum Alliance.
Step 5: Take the 60 minutes exam, which consists of 50 MCQs, by logging in through the credentials.
Step 6: Pass the exam with a minimum of 74% (37 of 50 MCQs should be correct).
Step 7: Once you clear the test, you will have to accept the license agreement.
Step 8: After you accept it, you will have CSM designation and a two-year Scrum Alliance membership.
Step 9: You have to renew the certification once every two years.
For renewal of Scrum Master Certification, you have to log in to your Scrum Alliance profile and go to 'Settings,' then click on the 'certification dashboard.' Once you do that, select 'Actions' and click on the renewal link and pay the renewal fee of USD 100 via the payment modes offered.
You would also need to submit your SEUs to renew your certification. Please do the following to submit SEUs towards your certification renewal:
Log into your certification account: https://www.scrumalliance.org/login
In the top right-hand corner, Click “Hello, [Your Name]”
Select “My Dashboard”
You will find a box on the right side of the page titled “Scrum Education Units”, click on the blue button labeled “Manage SEUs”
By using the “select an Activity Type” drop-down menu, choose the category that best fits for your continuing education opportunity.
Complete all the required information fields.