Certified Scrum Developer (CSD)
DESCRIPTIONStrengthen your technical skills in Agile software development. Certified Scrum Developers (CSD®) have demonstrated — through a combination of formal training and a technical skills assessment — that they have a working understanding of Scrum and Agile principles, and have learned specialized Agile engineering skills. The Certified Scrum Developer course is designed for software developers (programmers) who are building software in a Scrum environment. The goal is to expose students to the most important tools and techniques needed to build good software in the iterative and incremental fashion that Scrum requires. These ideas are central to the entire field of Agile software development.
What are the benefits of a Certified Scrum Developer® certification?
In today's competitive job market, the Certified Scrum Developer training can set you apart from the pack. A successful Certified Scrum Developer is committed to continuous improvement. The coursework and dedication needed to achieve a CSD sharpens your skills to help you become a better practitioner of Scrum and Agile development. By earning a Certified Scrum Developer certification, you:
- Learn the foundations of Scrum and the scope of the Certified Scrum Developer’s role from the best minds in development agility
- Demonstrate to employers and peers your understanding of core Scrum knowledge
- Expand your career opportunities by staying relevant and marketable across all industry sectors adopting Agile practices
- Engage with a community of recognized Scrum experts who are committed to continuous improvement
REQUIREMENTSTo earn a CSD, Scrum Alliance requires at least five days of formal training taught by a Scrum Alliance Registered Education Provider (REP®) and a Scrum Alliance-approved CSD instructor.
There are currently two tracks to achieve CSD certification (detailed below). The courses for both tracks can be taken in any order. Once you complete a track, you will receive notification to accept your CSD license, and the CSD certification will be added to your profile. Your certification is valid for two years.
- CSM® course (2 days)
- CSD technical course, including coding (3 days)
- Intro to Scrum CSD course (1 day)
- CSD technical course, including coding (3 days)
- CSD technical elective course (1 day)
During your CSD courses, you must demonstrate an understanding of Scrum and Agile engineering practices by passing a CSD assessment provided by the instructor. The assessment may be an exam administered by the instructor to test your knowledge, or it may be an active, classroom-based assessment. When the instructor uploads a student’s information into our system, he/she is recommending the student for certification.
Maintain your CSD certification by earning Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and renewing your certification every two years.
Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) is the one who has undertaken a combination of formal training and a technical skills assessment from REP and demonstrates the practical skills of Scrum principles and Agile engineering. The Certified Scrum Developer course is aimed at programmers and software developers involved in building software in a Scrum environment.
There are no specific prerequisites to attend the Certified Scrum Developer training.
The Certified Scrum Developer certification proves to be highly beneficial for the career growth apart from providing many other benefits which include:
- The Certified Scrum Developers have the chance of becoming the member of the international community of recognized Scrum experts with their immense knowledge, experience, and expertise.
- Develop the Agile mindset that helps the teams to achieve a successful and self-sustaining approach
- Scrum certification encourages management people to invest in Agile and Scrum methodology for better outcomes
- This certification provides need-oriented insights that help in project success.
- It provides skills to make significant contributions as a software developer in a Scrum team
- Scrum training develops skills for effective team building, training, and management.
Soon after the completion of the CSD track course, assessment/evaluation is conducted by Scrum Alliance REPs.
There is no set format of the Certified Scrum Developer certification as it solely depends on Scrum Alliance REPs.
Yes, the exam fee is generally included in the course fee if you attend the CSD track course conducted by the REP.
In order to attain the Certified Scrum Developer certification, you first need to attend the training conducted by Scrum Alliance REPs. After completion of the training, pass a CSD assessment provided by the REP. The REP will upload and pay the certification fees for you as you take the CSD-track course. If you are a Scrum Alliance member and a CSM and have taken a three-day CSD-track Technical Course, then you will receive a notification to accept your CSD license. After that, the CSD certification will be added to your profile.
A certified Scrum Developer certificate is valid for 2 years.
To renew the Certified Scrum Developer certification, you need to earn 20 SEUs(Scrum educational units) and must pay a renewal fee of $100 in a 2-year term to keep your certification valid.